Tech Thursday

One of my new favourite sites to use at work is called Symballo. It is great to keep track of all of the websites you use. I find it particularly useful for keeping track on the websites I use, but don't use that often. I have a number at work (like my spam folder) that I only use a few times a year. Symballo works a lot better than my memory or harassing my husband for some help!


Each of these little boxes is linked directly to a website. You choose the label, icon, and colour. All you have to do to create one is hit the little list button on the top left and the Add a webmix box pops up. It is also pretty neat, because you can create different boards for different parts of your life. Researching a paper? Set up one for the sites you are using. Can never remember the exact address for your bank account, Pinterest, or favourite bloggers? Create one for your personal stuff! I also like that you can access this from any computer. Book marks are great, but only when you are on your home/work computer. Symballo is great from any computer.

If you use Microsoft Word, you can use this website! It is the very first thing I open when I get to work.  It is quick to set-up, easy to use, and very useful. I totally recommend it. Happy Thursday!

Comments

  1. Yes.

    This is genius. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for sharing!!! :) :)

    Do you have to log in to see them? (Apologies... I was so pumped about this I could barely read what you actually wrote).

    ((What I'm really asking is could I let students see this page and go to the sites linked? Or is it log on/more personal than that?)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off