Top 5

The top 5 things I am enjoying these days.

  1. Wearing boots. I love my knee high boots! I have a grey pair and a black pair and I have been putting them on as much as humanly possible. I feel so pretty with a heel on! You might recall me purchasing the black pair last December for my sister's "surprise" wedding. The price was fairly hefty and I looked to you for some love about spending so much money. Almost a year later and I have to say I am LOVING them :-)
  2. Baking. I love being in the kitchen cooking (not cleaning, though!) and my favorite things to make are muffins. I have tried a couple of new recipes this fall and have been loving them. I am going to try and share the pumpkin ones with you next week!
  3. Coffee. I know my acid reflux isn't liking it, but I can't seem to get enough these days. Occasionally I can even be found heating up a cup mid-afternoon! So not typical me :-)
  4. Running slow. I took a couple of weeks off running after my race at Elk Ridge. I had a killer cold and didn't seem to shake it until this week. I am back on the treadmill, but am running at a considerably slower pace. Yesterday I did 3.5 km in 25 minutes. The ultimate goal of my running is to be able to play with Calder and not feel gassed. Last weekend Calder and I did a bit of a run  through the field behind my parent's house. It was awesome. Goal achieved - I was no where near tired! This week I figure it's better to run slow and semi-enjoy it than to run fast and semi-hate every minute. That being said, I am competitive and I am sure at some point I will be increasing my speed and racing myself again! But for now, slow and steady is winning my race.
  5. Watching Calder and Boone grow. Calder is kicking butt these days. You name it and he is improving - reading - counting - adding - skating. It has been so fun watching him gain skills and knowledge. I absolutely love it. Hugh and I sat on the couch for 15 minutes last night "teacher talking" about Calder's learning. Ha! Boone is getting so big so fast. He took his first crawling "steps" on Tuesday and went from his belly to sitting on Wednesday. He is no where near leaving us in the dust, but it feels like he is changing everyday. I guess he probably is :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off