Cookies

One of the things I love about fall is getting back into the kitchen. I HATE to have the stove or oven going in the summer, so I often try my best to save any baking for a rainy day. In the fall, it is cool enough to have the oven going without the A/C kicking in. I LOVE it!

The last rainy day we had at home was in July. Calder invited his buddy Emery over and we baked cookies. I decided to do Snicker Doodles with them, because they are really hands on. The kids didn't particularly like stirring the batter, but they loved rolling the balls and decorating them. (You roll them in sugar and cinnamon and then we added sprinkles for a bit more fun!) 


These cookies are SO good! They are definitely a favorite around our house. I was introduced to them by my Grandma Jenny. We were flipping through the 4H cookbook at her house years ago and she pointed them out. Grandma said that her mom, my great-grandma Carswell loved them. Thus, I renamed them :-)

Grandma Carswell's Snicker Doodles
1 cup butter or margarine 
1.5 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
2.5 cups flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

2 Tbsp granulated sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Cream butter, sugar and eggs. Mix in the rest of the dry ingredients. Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in the 2 Tbsp sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon mixture. Slightly flatten. Bake at 400 for 7 - 8 minutes.

Comments

  1. I always make these at Christmas time:) It reminds me of being little girl and my mom baking with me because we always helped her with these ones!

    I have a 4-H cookbook also! it has some great recipes in it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that cookbook! Mine is well used! I will definitely make these more - Calder always wants to help and these are great to keep little hands busy. I LOVE the tradition and memory you have with your mom. I often think about that when I do things with Calder. I want to have traditions with him and do things that make lasting memories. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off