Random Rambles

Can you wave at me if I let you merge into my lane when you come out of Tim Horton's? Myself, along with MANY other Martensville north enders, let cars merge when we creep by (traffic is horrid leaving the city in the morning and 20 - 30 cars are constantly waiting, backed up past Timmy Ho's ). It makes me feel good if you acknowledge my good deed, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. As well, don't muscle your big Ford in behind the car I allowed to merge. TAKE YOUR TURN, you big bully. 

Deena has been raving about Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Latte. They are as good as she is saying. I recommend getting them with 1/2 the sugar. They are sweet :-)

Tonight I was laying in bed with Calder saying goodnight and as his hand was laid on my belly we started talking about the baby. Calder told me that, "She will be able to sleep in my bed when she is bigger." I asked him if he thought it was going to be a girl, and he sternly replied, "No. The baby is a boy." He then told me that he wished there was a hole in my belly so that he could look at the baby. Pretty neat idea if I do say so myself. I will be getting an ultrasound every 3 weeks starting at week 20, so I think I will have to drag him along to an appointment!

I am looking forward to new TV seasons starting this week. Glee was so good last week. I won't spoil it if you recorded it, but I will say, "Call me maybe?" I am grinning ear to ear right now. SO GOOD! Are there any new shows that have peaked your interest? I want to check some out, but I never watch live TV and therefore don't ever watch advertisements! I don't know what's out there!

This weekend I had a parent of a former athlete ask me if I was expecting. She was the first one to bravely ask the question (my pregnancy is out there - obviously - it is on my blog . . . but I haven't told any of my students yet!). I definitely have a belly, so it was nice to hear that it looked like a pregnancy belly, not just a "few too many donuts" belly!  I will try to take a picture this week to post.

Sunday, Hugh was king of our garden! He brought in all the veggies that were above the ground. I can't wait for the tomatoes to ripen so we can make spaghetti sauce. We cleaned, cut, and blanched all the green beans last night and got them into the freezer. This weekend we may have to find some time to make some borsch! I love fall food.

Happy Tuesday!

Comments

  1. Jordan,
    I stumbled upon your post last week when I googled, having children after neonatal hemochromotisis. My son died the same week you started your IVIG treatments from supposed NH. I have spent the last few days reading through your entire blog and I want to thank you for continuing with it. It has helped me immensely through my grieving.
    I wish you the best of luck with your continued treatments.
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandi,

    I am SO sorry for your loss. I just keep thinking about where you are in your grief journey and it brings tears to my eyes. I wish you never found my blog, because you had your healthy sweet baby boy in your arms. Life just is not fair.

    Thank-you so much for leaving such kind words. If you ever want to chat, or ask any question, I would love to hear from you. I am not an expert, just a little further ahead on my journey. jmf322 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off