My Week In Photos

As I glance at this I realize it might have been nice to take a few more snapshots. 
Especially of myself. . . Oh, and Hugh.

On Tuesday I had a moment in my classroom. My photo wall caught my eye and I made a mental note to print some more recent photos to put up. As I scanned the photos I was taken back to a year ago when I was coming off of my maternity leave and moving back into my classroom. Read THIS POST from a year ago. I was upset that I didn't have any pictures of Tripp up in my class. I wasn't ready to display them, but at the same time I felt like they were missing. On Tuesday, I smiled and got a bit choked up as I looked at my board. Turns out, Tripp is in most of them. I remember how I was feeling in EVERY SINGLE PHOTO that was taken after he was born. And in every single moment, I was missing him and wishing he was there.  Tripp is there.


Calder and I have been living the single life for the last two nights as Hugh is gone on his school's canoe trip. If you are a regular reader, you know that Calder and I have a sensitive relationship. I was prepped and ready for battle on Thursday night, but much to my surprise and happiness, Calder and I had a marvellous time both days! (And no one is more thrilled about that than me!)

Calder's teeth brushing skills have really been improving lately!  He loves it when I sing and dance the brush your teeth song. He also loves to open and close his mouth when it's my turn to brush his teeth to hear all the different sounds.

Calder DEVOURED some apples and peanut butter dip (1 part PB to 1 part vanilla yogurt - absolutely devine) for a snack on Thursday night. He put on a little show for the camera!


Last night we had an early supper and decided that we needed a treat. We hopped on the bike (Calder in the Chariot behind) and headed to the store. Calder had quite the adventure eating his. The ice cream was a bit too cold and he didn't like licking it. He also didn't like getting his hands all sticky (he requested a cloth about 2 minutes in). Eventually the ice cream all spilled out the back and he was left with the cookie, which was quite fine in his books.

Lastly you can see Calder posing with his imaginary friend, New-Knee. Don't ask where the name came from. Calder likes to talk in a made-up silly language (much to our annoyance). Yesterday, was the first day I got to meet New-Knee. Calder asked him/her if he/she would like some water. Apparently, New-Knee did, because Calder requested I pour him/her a glass. Next time I see New-Knee I will be sure to ask Calder if he/she is a boy or a girl!


The sun is SUPPOSED to shine this weekend! I hope you get a chance to catch some rays!

Comments

  1. So glad you've had a good week!! Ice cream treats are some of the best summer memories. Thank you for the pb/yogurt recipe.... that's genius! :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off