Post-Vacation Blues

Sunday, 6:58 pm

I have self-diagnosed myself with Post-Vacation Blues tonight. It exists. Wikipedia told me.

I have just been a bit down the last couple of days and the best reason I can come up with is having to go back to work. I love my job, but it just can't compare to an uninterrupted week of family and friends.

THIS site had some good tips for bouncing back after a holiday.

Here is my list:

  1. Do the marking I have been putting off ALL WEEK. I seriously don't want to do it, but it is going to be even harder going back to work tomorrow knowing I am behind. I am also going to check my email tonight and deal with those that need to be dealt with. This way I will be able to do some planning and prep done before school starts on Monday.
  2. Plan some meals for the next week. I have let myself eat like crap this week, continually telling myself, "It's okay to indulge. I'm on holidays." Enough is enough. Eating like crap has made me feel like crap. This week my mantra is going to head back to, "What would my future self like me to do?"
  3. Finish 2 loads of laundry. It would be nice not to have an overflowing laundry bin by mid-week. This shouldn't be hard - I have a husband watching the playoffs and I am confident I can con him into doing the folding for me :-)
I think that should be enough to fill my evening. If I am really motivated I am even going to enter my marks and contact some parents! Having written this down is making me feel better already. I should have done it this morning.

Happy Monday (especially all you teachers who are heading back to work)!

Comments

  1. I heard "Call Me, Maybe" on the way to work today. I cranked it, thought of you and realized that life was still pretty fabulous today.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off