EXHAUSTED

Wednesday, 6:58 pm

The title needed caps to show you exactly how exhausted I am. Today I feel physically, mentally, and emotionally drained, but I am putting on my super-mom hat, because that is exactly what super-mom's do. But I will do a little complaining first while I tell you where all the exhaustion is stemming from!

I am physically exhausted and I can't seem to get caught up on my Z's because I am sick. I got run down after a hockey filled weekend, which gave way for a cold to settle in and make itself at home. Amazing time at the rink, but the limited amount of sleep kicked my butt. I can't wait for an afternoon nap this weekend!

As you are well aware by now, Hugh is Calder's favorite, but for a tiny while around Christmas, I was right up there. Then for the past three months we have slowly moved back to him acting like he hates me. (Yes, I know he doesn't hate me. He just yells, hits, and cries when it is my turn to do things with him. That's not saying we don't have some nice moments, in fact, we have many great moments. It is just those hateful moments in between the great moments that are causing Hugh and I stress.) Calder's behavior has led me to be mentally exhausted this week. The good news is Hugh did a bunch of reading about parenting spirited 3 year olds today and we now have a new plan of attack. Thank-goodness!

I have also been doing a lot of grieving this week, which is the emotional exhaustion piece. Hugh and I are still trying to tie up some loose end surrounding Tripp's death and in doing so are talking a lot about last February and sharing our story with new people. Emotions = tears = exhaustion.

That's all the time I have. Calder is ready for a snack and a book and after that Hugh and I are getting the house ready for a social with his staff tomorrow after work. Super Mom!

I will write on Friday, but will probably do so later in the morning while drinking a coffee - what a treat!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off