February 18, 2012 in Photos

In the morning when Calder came creeping into our room we reminded him that it was Tripp's birthday. He burst into tears and exclaimed, "when is it my birthday?" Soon buddy, soon :-)
The Zoo
I love this shot of Calder
I love this shot of Hugh.
The lion cubs. They were in a separate pen from their mother. A bit cruel to me, but what do I know.
For a while this was the only way I was going to get a photo taken with Calder. One where he didn't know what was going on. 
Then we ran a few races and it was smooth sailing from there "On your mark. Get set. Go!"





By this time Hugh was calling me the photo Nazi.
This is Tripp's tree. Someone put solar powered butterflies on it. At night you can see them from the street.  Hugh and I check for them every time we drive by. They have been there for a while, but I haven't had my camera to take a picture until yesterday. They are beautiful. Thank-you. We LOVE them.

Happy Birthday balloon tied to Tripp's bench. 
When we told Calder we were going to Tripp's tree he said we should go to Tripp's house. Someday.
Last night there were two candles glowing by his tree.
This was made with love. It drips with it. Thank-you. It touched my heart.

These tasted as good as they look.


Highlight of the day was the singing of happy birthday and blowing out the candles. Calder belted out, "Happy birthday dear Tripp" at the top of his little lungs.

Comments

  1. I love this post. Thank you for sharing your day, and your celebrations, with us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off