Jenny's Battle (aka The Bloggess)

A few times I have directed your attention to TheBloggess.com. I often find myself laughing out loud at her sense of humor crazy anecdotes.

On Monday she wrote a post titled, The fight goes on. In it she candidly speaks about her battle with depression and self-harming.

After Tripp died there were moments when I (and Hugh) wondered if I was depressed. I have never felt worse in my life. My grief was consuming me and I just wanted to wallow in it. My son was gone and I was suffering. Even as I reflect back on that time, I don't think I was depressed, I think I was suffering from grief. With that being said, I can't imagine feeling the way I did then (or even worse) when it wasn't grief. Those who battle depression are brave and Jenny states in her post, they "suffer in the dark."

Even if you don't share my love for her sense of humor, if have some time this weekend, The fight goes on, is worth your time. Also check out her follow-up to that post, Wow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off