My Happiness Project Week 8

UPDATE:

  • The one minute rule is still going pretty well.  Although, some days I have to remind myself to use it.
  • In the look good feel good department, I didn't wash my face 2 days in a row and landed myself a huge zit and I am eating like crap (which also can't be good for my skin).  
  • I haven't been looking at my lists lately and it shows. Our house hasn't been cleaned since before school ended.  Proof:  My feet get dirty from walking around our kitchen. Yikes. I think I will make creating and doing tasks on my list a priority tomorrow.
  • I carried our suitcase to the basement at Hugh's parents house and staked some of my plants.  These are 2 things I would normally ask Hugh to do that I did myself.
WEEK 8:

In The Happiness Project  Gretchen Rubin talks about the saying, "happy wife, happy life."  It is fitting that that particular quote was one of the first things I read tonight.  I am a grouch today.  A HUGE grouch. And because of this, Hugh has asked me more than once, "did I do something wrong?" He didn't. He also doesn't seem his happy normal self. Each of our happiness is somewhat dependent on the others--whether we like it or not.  I am not good at putting on a happy face when I'm not happy, so I am not sure what to do with this.  Obviously, I need to try not dump my unhappiness on Hugh. How that will look, I'm not sure.

Rubin also talks about giving proofs of love. She decided to say "I love you" more and hug more.  I am a bit hesitant to hug people.  I always think, Is this appropriate? Am I making them uncomfortable? Rubin references a study that says people who hug more are happier.  I know that when Tripp first died, I extremely appreciated all the hugs I got.  Once I realized this, I began to try and push those, Is this appropriate? Am I making them uncomfortable? thoughts out of my head. The hugs felt good and I began to try not to worry about the appropriateness or uncomfortableness.  I made a hug list and am going to keep track of all the people I hug.  My goal for this week is to hug 14 different people and I am going to try and hug Hugh and Calder a minimum of 3 times a day.  I won't have to make an effort to do that with Calder and although Hugh and I always give each other a kisses (in the morning, when we leave for work, when we get home, etc.) we don't hug very often, so it will be more challenging with him.

How many people have you hugged today?

Comments

  1. don't be afraid to use the big hairy beast from the basement for some hugs!!! Love you1!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off