Getting into Shape - Week 2

Yesterday, I completed week 2 of the Bridge City Boogie Beginner Run 5K Program.  I am really proud of myself.  My intension last week was to run Monday, Wednesday, Friday, but I had a bad day Monday (April 18) and so I ran Tuesday and Thursday instead.  Then, I didn't feel like running on Saturday (April 23), so I ran on Sunday instead.  I had a very emotional week, but stuck to my goal of running 3 days and I am really happy about it.

After I had Calder, it seemed like everything just went back to where it was supposed to go.  This time I have not been as lucky.  I think it is going to take a lot more work to get my body back and I am beginning to be okay with that.   In hopes of helping along the process, I started doing a bit of abdominal training.  At my 6 week postpartum appointment, my doctor gave me a few exercises to activate my abs and I did a good job of following her advice for about a week. . .

Today, I have decided I am going to try and do a 5 minute abdominal workout 3 days a week.  Since it is short and sweet, I am hoping I am able to stick to this goal.  I have completed day 1 this week, so I am on my way.  I am also going to try to do a better job of activating my abs during my regular activities (walking, sitting, playing, etc.).  My doctor and the girl in my ab video both suggest doing this.  So, if you see me and think that I am sucking in my stomach, it won't be because I don't want my belly hanging over my belt (although that is a nice benefit).  Instead, it will be me doing an ab workout while we chat!

Comments

  1. Hi Jordan! Do you want to do an around the lake 5+2 run/walk with me one morning this week? (I'm not a fast runner, by the way.) Any morning but Tuesday works for me. I'm usually up by 6:30 so any time after that is good. We could meet on Baycroft at the path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dianne! I sent an email to your school account!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off