Normal

Last night after posting my blog, Hugh and I curled up on the couch to watch some t.v. we had PVR'd.  We shared some popcorn and I drank an enormous glass of ice cold milk (yum, yum, yum).

The first show we chose was Blue Bloods.  This is a new show this season and Hugh and I have really gotten into it.  It might be my favorite 1 hour drama (I think it may have even taken down the long standing Grey's Anatomy).  It is about a family of NYC police officers and stars Will Estes (who I liked in American Dreams. . . which only lasted 3 seasons), Tom Selleck (I always think of the poster my mom had of him in her laundry room!), and Donnie Wahlburg (Oh. . .Take me back to grade 6 and NKOTB. . . I love you Donnie!).

Next,  Hugh and I chose The Big Bang Theory.  This might be the funniest show on t.v.  If you haven't seen it, you need to check it out at least once.  It is about a group of self-proclaimed "geeks" (three of the characters have doctorates, the 4th is just an engineer) and the hot girl next door.  I will laugh out multiple times an episode.

After our relaxing hour and a bit of t.v. (shows are significantly shorter when you don't watch the commercials!), Hugh and I grabbed our dishes and walked to the kitchen.

A hug felt in order, so I curled up in Hugh's arms with my head on his chest (yes, I am that short).  I could hear his heart beating.

J:  "I never listened to Tripp's heart.  Did you, Hugh?"

H:  "No."

J:  "We needed more time"

H:  "Tripp needed about 90 more years"

J:  "It's not fair."

H:  "No, it's not."

We stood there for a moment while I took some deep breaths and wiped away some tears.  We checked on Calder and called it a night.

This is how our life has been the past few days.  There are moments of "normal" which include our everyday activities, laughing, and enjoying company and then moments of sadness.

Hugh, Calder and I have had a great morning of "normal".  The boys are currently calling me to hurry up.  We are heading outside to enjoy this mild weather and a few more moments of "normal"!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off