Addiction

I now understand why people get addicted to sleeping pills.  I had been taking them since last Wednesday through this past Sunday (5 days).  Last night, I decided it was time to figure out a way to get myself to sleep on my own.  I didn't want to get addicted.

Sleeping sucked.  Or,  I should say, the lack of sleep sucked.

Not only could I not fall asleep, I was up 3 or 4 times before 4 am.  At 4 am I laid there thinking.  I could not shut off my brain.  I laid there until about 6:30 am.  Hugh and Calder were already up, but I just didn't want to get out of bed.  It didn't matter that I couldn't sleep.  I just wanted to stay there all day.

But instead, I had a coffee and the 3 of us headed into the city to renew our passports and for me to apply for my maternity benefits.  A wonderful guy at the Revenue Canada building helped me fill out my claim right there.  The receptionist told me I would have to do it on my own online, but after the man heard that Tripp had died, he quickly whipped up my application.  My employer has also been terrific throughout all this and had already submitted my record of employment.  So things should be ready to go for the next 15 weeks.

On the way home, we stopped in Warman at the medi-clinic.  Calder's pink eye is back.  Hugh and I are tired of picking crustys out of his eyes.  Calder doesn't like us picking them out either, but loves to see the "big eye boogs" as he says!

I am going to head to bed for a nap.  Wish me luck shutting off my brain.

Comments

  1. Think of the stupidest, silliest song you have ever heard and sing that in your head. It just might help....you put the lime in the coconut.....(only one I could think of)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off