Taste Buds

My nose is still a faucet.  I am sick of blowing it, but that isn't the worst of it.  For the last week, I haven't been able to taste anything.

I often hear people talk about this happening when they have a cold, but I can honestly say, I can't remember it happening to me.  I have also heard these same people say that they don't feel like eating when they have this happen.  If they can't taste, why bother eating?

NOT ME.

I know I should be taking this opportunity to eat more vegetables and cut back on the amount of butter I put on my rice.  I mean, really, I can't taste it.  I might as well eat more healthy than I have ever eaten before.  But instead, I am continually trying to eat anything I can find to "see" if I can taste it.  In fact, for the last week, I have found that the more calories it has, the more likely I am to give it a try.

Case and Point:
Friday was Hugh's birthday so I made cupcakes on Thursday night.  I couldn't taste the batter, but I still licked the bowl.  I knew the cream cheese icing must be good, so I devoured a few spoon fulls.  I also taste-tasted 2 of the finished products to make sure they were edible.  After swallowing the last bite of my 2nd one, all I could really tell you is that the texture was terrific and my stomach was full.  Thus, I gave up taste testing for the night.  I have continued to diligently taste test 2 cupcakes a day since Thursday.  I still don't know if they taste good, so I will be forced to try again tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another embarassing one

Guest Post Luke: Men at Ikea

4 hours off